Friday 17 May 2013

What makes the interesting things,Interesting at all?


The last posts I've written have been very serious and while I was on my way to bid one of my oldest friends’ goodbye for two long years, it struck me.
I should try something light and mundane too because that is exactly what makes the interesting days interesting, If you know what I mean.
Days aren't just interesting because people or even we say they are. Days are figured as boring or interesting compared to the other days of the week, month, year or even a decade.
A person who has had travels all around the world would have different views on interesting things compared to the person who has never ever stepped out of his hometown.
That is it.
Everything we know and talk about is a comparison.What we find acceptable is only that way to us because the other stuff isn't.
Truth is the truth not because it really happened but because all the other versions of it are lies.
People are compared, statistics, logistics, marks, problems, achievements, EVERYTHING we know is that way because the others aren't.
Think back to the moment you met the person you value most in your life at the current time. Or in some cases where you actually don't have one, take any example from your environment.
How did you meet them? What is it that drew you close enough? The point of all this is that you wouldn't have been this close to the exact same person if there would have been two like him/her at that same moment.
Let’s face it. You liked him/her because you didn't like the rest the same.
And now all of you reading this would think "No, I liked him/her because he had something in him/her, not because the others didn't" and now I'll tell you why. Because all of you like every other human being would find it degrading to be compared, to find the other human measured in front of you and I agree it is threatening.
But then again, that is how I could tell you the role of comparison in everything we do or we claim to do every second of every day.

Why do we compare while we can just feel our way into events? Into things?
Until we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment